A SYSTEMIC VISION OF THE CRISES
From optimization to change strategy?
10th congress of the European Union for Systemics (UES2018)
15-16-17/10/2018, Brussels, Belgium
Call for proposals: sessions / workshops
Submissions before 31 December 2017.
The Organizing Committee of the 10th Congress of the European Union for Systemics (EUS) is launching a call for proposals for sessions and workshops for the Congress titled A SYSTEMIC VISION OF THE CRISES (UES2018).
The sessions and workshops establish a shared thematic understanding that promotes cross-disciplinary collaborations. They offer participants the opportunity to exchange ideas on different themes, present results, share experiences, identify issues and / or explore future directions for research and practice.
A session usually counts between 4 and 6 contributions of 20 minutes each. Contributions lead to articles.
A workshop usually lasts 2 hours and is organized from more dynamic events (guest speakers, panels, forums, experiments, role plays …).
Special sessions and / or workshops requiring more time may be considered depending on the availability in the program.
To submit a session or workshop proposal, please:
- propose a title (not too long)
- identify the main contact person (names, e-mail address)
- indicate the identity of the person (s) in charge (names, e-mail address, postal address, mini-biography)
- define in a maximum of 600 words the theme (the theme, the posture, the motivations)
- estimate the extent of the session (time, number of interventions)
- estimate the expected logistical resources (type of room, room size, projector …)
- optional: information about the previous edition of the session at another event.
- All proposals for sessions and / or workshops must be submitted by e-mail as an attachment (firstname.lastname@example.org ), format *.doc, by 31 December 2017.
Proposals will be reviewed by at least three members of the Scientific Committee. They will be evaluated according to their relevance for the UES2018 congress and its participants, the breadth and depth of the proposed subject, its topicality and objectives, the quality of the participants and the logistical feasibility.
When a proposal is approved, at least one of the officers must commit to assisting and facilitating the session or workshop which s/he (co)organizes professionally and ethically, respecting the program, the spirit and the activities of the UES2018 congress.
The sessions and workshops are an integral part of the UES2018 congress. The documents accepted by the Scientific Committee will be published in the journal Acta Europeana Systemica (AES), n ° 8, 2018.